5.31.2011

The Runaway Birthday Boy

We recently cleaned out my grandmother's storage unit and found oooldes of funnies, such as this. On May 31, 1970, my Uncle Sam turned 9 years old. The next day, he ran away from home leaving behind this precious note:
Apparently turning 9 years old was just too much!!! Ha! Don't fret: he returned home safe and sound without FBI or police involvement. And my grandparents really are the nicest people ever. Today is my Uncle Sam's 50th birthday --- I am wishing him the BEST birthday!!! And please don't runaway tomorrow!!! We want to celebrate YOU all week!!! Chin chin to priceless family funnies. Xoxo-BLC

5 comments:

  1. That is too cute! I 'tried' to run away when I was five and defiantly told my mother I was doing so... she said "Ok, let me help you pack..." and proceeded to pull out my Strawberry Shortcake suitcase and fill it with clothes...

    I was so perplexed I stubbornly said, "Nevermind!"

    And that was that. Mom's are good like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracks me up! When my dad was little he would pack his bags and run away to the neighbors' when he got mad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO funny! I hope my mom saved some notes like this from me to find in forty years!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark