12.11.2013

The Best Gift

"To your friend, the gift of loyalty; to your enemy, the gift of forgiveness; to your child, the gift of good example; to your parents, the gift of gratitude and devotion; to your mate, the gift of love and faithfulness; to all men and women, the gift of love; to God, the gift of your life."

Three years ago today I lost my stepdad to cancer. The space in time as given me more strength to talk about it. The one thing I wish most is just one more day with him. He was so funny and fun to be with. He had a way with people - he could make a baby giggle or a timid animal come near. My stepdad did give me the best gift: the gift of a good example. I hope to be the same to Squeak. This loss makes me focus on being better: a better friend, more grateful, more devoted, a better wife, and giving my life fully to the Lord. I miss my stepdad more than I ever anticipated - and I hate that. It makes me more grateful and value the company in my life. I am so thankful for the peace, joy, and comfort that comes from the Lord. I am beyond thankful for my stepdads unconditional love and the time we did have and I sooo look forward to seeing him again in heaven. If you have lost a loved one this year or recently, know that I am lifting you up in my prayers. Peace to you and yours!!! Xoxo-BLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Mark