3.30.2011

Talk Derby

I wish I was still in college at Clemson and that we were loading up on a bus headed to Cup!!!
I've already gushed about Cup here, so I will spare you the repeat. :)
I am still in college-ish: law school counts, right!? It's just like undergrad minus the social calendar (and a whole lot more work). Ha! My husband and I usually make a horse race each year (see 2009 here and 2010 here), but, alas, law school is wrecking all derby fun for 2011. Fingers crossed next year has more horse races in store for us. Until then, make me green and do dish: are you planning on horsing around at any races??? Xoxo-BLC

PS: Today is the LAST day to enter the Elizabeth McKay giveaway below.
It would make the perfect Cup dress, wouldn't it!? :)

11 comments:

  1. This will be the first year in sometime that I won't be attending cup, and I am not sure how I feel about it. I have been going since I was in high school. My family does a big tailgate in the infield. Like you, law school is getting in the way. I guess this means I am getting old...and I am not okay with it! But apparently there is a 'cup' themed bar crawl in Charleston Saturday so that will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Glory days! Ha! I used to love going to cup! Mini cup is the Charleston event, that is a pub crawl and it is a blast! It is going to be crowded this year because of Bridge Run too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to Carolina Cup this weekend! I am quite excited because last year my beau got sick the morning of and we couldn't attend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were going to go to Carolina cup, but our bus fell through :( Instead I want to have a kentucky derby party or bar crawl or something so that I can actually wear my outfit I had picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw that Vineyard Vines is the official stylist for the Kentucky Derby!! Oh, and did you know they are opening a store in Southpark this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be there this weekend with bells on! We've been working on the menu this week for tailgating ... of course we are having devilled eggs, cucumber sandwiches, Bojangles fried chicken, and cake pops! Can't wait, wish you could come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just posted about this too! Wishing I was going :( Can't wait to read the posts of everyone who is tho!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too!!! Miss those crazy cup days! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. we have foxfield here in va..it is late this year (april 30) but i bought my dress today!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you seen the vineyard vines derby collection? Some great stuff for cup!

    www.vineyardvines.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Colonial Cup is the grown up alternative. Wine testing with no college students. Soooo much fun! Let's go this year! It's in October. Stephen and I went with Dad and Mamatella one year. Mamatella and I partook in the wine, with abandon. Dad and Stephen stayed with the kiddos. It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark