3.16.2011

Bikini Bombshell

In 1946, engineer Louis Reard brought sexy back to Cote d'Azur. Just like those ugly nukes being tested that year on Bikini Atoll, he knew his haute new two-piece design would explode onto the fashion scene. Boom, boom and the B-I-K-I-N-I was born!!! Some say Mr. Reard created an anti-tan-line swimsuit, while others believe he was going for the most scantly clad swimsuit ever. Maybe it's a two fold purpose? Either way, it's still an itty bitty sensation!!! The advertisements Mr. Reard ran claimed it wasn't a bikini unless it could be pulled through a wedding ring. Well, packing won't be a worry, now will it!? Without Mr. Reard's little invention, how would I ever get my bikini season thinspiration!? Bikini bombshell cheers to you and yours. Xoxo-BLC

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS BLOG!! All the bright colors put me in the best mood! I've just created my own blog inspired by others like yours. Feel free to stop by and let me know if you have any good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a warm post....my bikini days are long gone, but it sure puts in the mood for warm sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sundresses and Smiles - your blog always makes me smile and is one I always look forward to reading! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and educational post- I fear my bikini days are numbered if i do not hightail it to the gym!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a bikini pulled through a wedding ring is one teensy bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bikinis. So comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CANNOT wait for bikini season... the sun and those gorgeous Lilly prints!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! And I have the Lilly swimsuit on the bottom right hand corner! It's my favorite!
    -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark