1.25.2010

Monique Lhuillier

You pepped me up during my dress stress and celebrated with me when I found the dress. Now it is time for the big reveal!!! While I follow fashion with great interest, I knew little of the wedding-fashion-industry. I did my homework, tried on countless dresses, flirted with Ulla-Maija, and then fell in love with Monique Lhuillier. I initially leaned towards an alllll lace dress and then switched to eyeing a tiered number (just think: detach the bottom tier and you have the perfect reception dress to dance the night away).
On one hand I wanted to be classic, elegant, and aisle-appropriate but on the other hand I wanted haute-runway-couture. With my mom, my sissy Elsie, and two bff's in tow, we landed at New York Bride Loft (now New York Bride and Groom). I could not sing higher praises of the boutique owner, Krista. She is the wedding dress whisperer!! It's neither lace nor tiered, but it had the edge of couture coupled with timeless elegance. Can you tell I loooove my dress!? Want to see it on!? Sooooon enough. Xoxo-BLC

12 comments:

  1. Her designs are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the dress in its full glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! the perfect dress for the perfect day.... can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dress was Monique Lhuillier too (Millicent) and I adored it! Can't wait to see pics on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!!! The suspense is killing me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is THE Best! The most feminine of all designers- love her!
    I wore a Lhuillier 10 years ago when she was just getting started.
    It is absolutely timeless!

    You are going to be one beautiful bride!!

    Blessings,

    Sibi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You tried on a lot. :) Can't wait to see the dress on you! My story was pretty much the opposite of yours! I looked at some dresses online. Fell in love with one. Called up the store; they were going to have that dress in for a few days for the trunk show. Mom and I went to the store on the day of the trunk show. I grabbed the dress just to make sure it fits. Mom made me try on like two more dresses. I bought one I had in mind, in and out of the store within 30 minutes. The end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I bought my dress at NY Bride Loft also and just loved the service and selection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I love it! can't wait to see more pictures

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got back from NYFW and was able to see her show while I was there. It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark