1.21.2010

Here Comes The ...

Bridesmaids' presents! But first, I am one lucky girl: I have a lot of family and a lot of dear friends. As a 7-time-bridesmaid myself, I know how fun and how special it is to be a bridesmaid. My maids included family and bffs: I had 5 bridesmaids and 10 honorary bridesmaids. My 5 bridesmaids included my two sisters, Ale's sister, Ale's cousin, and my childhood best friend. My 10 honorary bridesmaids included my college bffs, my post-college bffs, and my law school bffs. Now ... here really come the bridesmaid presents!!! The gifts: pearls, a pashmina, and Lilllllly!
Christine and Anne from On A String handmade gorgie pearl necklaces and oh la la did the bridesmaids wear it well (pictures to come)!!! As you know, I am a HUGE fan of On A String. These girlies are living the dream and make s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g pieces. If you are ever in Charlotte, I insist you visit their darrrrrrling shop!!! In addition to the necklaces, the bridesmaids received pashminas (blue, pink, and green) and the best book ever: Essentially Lilly!
Oh, and my littlest friend: our sweet flower girl!!! I gifted her This Little Piggy Went to Prada, a flower headband, a cardigan, and a bracelet. And she thought Christmas had come and gone! In 50 years, my hope is that our wedding party will still be the fabric that brings the color to our lives!!! They mean so much to us now and I cannot imagine life without them then. Chin chin maids!!! Xoxo-BLC

9 comments:

  1. What lovely bridesmaid gifts! I also did pearls (bracelets) and pashminas and my ladies just loved them. I just adore what you said about your wedding party being "the fabric that brings color to our lives", so beautifully put. Can't wait for the rest of the recaps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet presents! Good friends are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely gifts!! So perfect that you were able to sneak a little Lilly in there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want to be a bridesmaid in a wedding like yours! I know they could tell how much they meant to you! Did they wear the pearls on your special day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous gifts! It sounds like you're a sweet & generous bride :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gifts to the bridesmaids reflect how thoughtful you are. What a lucky bunch of girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just copy everything you did?! Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! So sweet and so fun! You are such a tease withholding the photos! Inquiring minds want to see! I own This Little Piggy Went to Prada and think it's a GREAT gift! I've gifted it to several friends myself and it's always a hit. It's a gift your flower girl can enjoy now, but will come to LOVE as she becomes a shopper herself. You are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What thoughtful presents!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark