1.16.2014

Traveling with a BABY!!!




The best advice I have found on traveling with a baby: JUST GOT FOR IT!!! It's no easy feat but I really believe the first time is the hardest - it's that leap. I read Oh Joy's blog on traveling with a toddler and WOW did that help us gear up. Squeak is really the perfect age. She can't quite sit up by herself, but has pretty good head control. She sits comfortably in our lap but doesn't reach for anything. She is easily entertained and still sleeps a fair amount. Our flight out was in the afternoon and we ALL took cat naps. It was a full flight so she sat in my lap. The flight was 2.5 hours-ish and that was perfect for her feeding schedule. I was worried about the cabin pressure and changes in altitude - that didn't seem to bother her one bit. And --- planes are noisy. So while a fussy baby is maddening to the rows in front of and you behind you, it doesn't disrupt the WHOLE plane. Everyone around us had ears in looking at their i-thingies and during our fussy spell (almost 20 minutes - ack!) it was a relief that no one else seemed to notice - I sure did - ha! I never ever check a bag, but I did this time. I packed Squeak and I in one bag and brought more than we needed (too many toys ... rookie mistake). I don't know if I could have done it without my husband - it's a LOT to manage solo. The one thing I would change: when they say families with little children can board early ... that means board early. I thought let's not get on until we absolutely have to but early is better. Bottom line ... I cannot wait to take another family trip. I would do it again and can't wait to!!! Xoxo-BLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Mark