1.24.2012

Pursuit of Pretty

When I was itty bitty, my dad and I would pop in Carly Simon tapes (yes ... tapes ... I am an 80's baby after all) and sing as loud as we could to "You're sooo Vain." I still love that song. It reminds me of being young and carefree. While I wouldn't wish vanity on anyone, I think we all suffer from it a tad. I believe its okay to fight vanity and simultaneously pursue pretty because pretty really comes from within. As such, I want my beauty regimen to be less vain and more young, carefree, fresh, simple, and, above all else, easy peasy.
I have super sensitive skin so finding the right product is uber important. In the morning, I use the Aveeno positively radiant scrub and their positively radiant SPF moisturizer. In the evening, I use the Aveeno foam wash and gobs of Cetaphil. I also use a prescription anti-age cream to fight those law-school-induced-wrinkles and another cream to fight my psoriasis (which I still cannot properly spell without looking up).
I am a total makeup-aholic. Yet my daily makeup routine only includes powder, blush, mascara, and lipgloss. For glam nights, I fussie up by adding lipstick and eyeshadow. Revlon has become my staple to-go brand for just about everything. However, I never leave a visit to Sephora empty handed. I don't wear foundation or concealer, so I am picky about my powder. My all time favorite use to be Supernatural by Philosophy, but it's a tad expensive and I swear Revlon's ColorStay Aqua has the same coverage.
  A poppy blush color is really important to me. Right now I adore Revlon's Roseberry and for fancier occasions I dab on YSL blush (it smells divine --- really it smells pretty). As for mascara, I cheat on my favorites a lot. My all-time favorite is Trish McEvoy lash curling - it never smears or flakes. For everyday, I adore Revlon's Fabulash or Revlon's Luscious, which should be called the "fifty-yard-lash." As for pouts, I swear Revlon's lipgloss and lipsticks have the same pigment and color options as Chanel. I dare you to agree!!! So dish, how to do you stay vain-free while pursuing pretty!?! Xoxo-BLC

5 comments:

  1. Love the rundown! Loving poppy as well these days, need to hunt it down in a lip for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing that Revlon is your fav! Thank you for the reminder that $$$ isn't a requisite for fabulous! Right now Revlon Sweet Tart nail polish is brightening my winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing that Revlon is your fav! Thank you for the reminder that $$$ isn't a requisite for fabulous! Right now Revlon Sweet Tart nail polish is brightening my winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips...I know nothing about makeup! I also use the Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of prescription anti-aging cream do you use? I have been looking for a good one and my derm. is so not helpful!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark