10.02.2011

It's a small world after all.

Never have I ever had such a small world moment in all my life. I am the furthest from home that I have ever been, in the southern corner of Crete, when I ran into a sorority sister from Clemson. I literally stopped in my tracks and could not believe it!! We were in a remote town to catch a ferry ... and so were they!!! We spent the entire day together and it was one of my favorite days ever. We had the ferry ride to catch up: we talked about love, loosing loved ones, and life. A year ago we learned my stepdad had cancer and lost him in December; a month ago she and her husband lost their sweet baby girl to Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). Grief is so tough, but being certain of their salvation is such comfort. Picking back up right were we left off, it was surreal being on the Libyan Sea chatting up a storm. The day was forever unforgettable. It's a small world after all!!! Xoxo-BLC

3 comments:

  1. Wow it really is a small world! Gorgeous picture. Glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I love stories like this! I ran into a family from my hometown three different times on a family vacation when I was in 9th grade. Our families had planned almost the exact same towns/trips for our summer vacay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That my dear was truly meant to be.
    How incredible! I am officially after my hubby...I must see all of this in person! I have just been engrossed in all your beautiful pictures! What a trip inDEED!

    Love,
    Mrs. Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark