10.10.2011

Discovering Atlantis

Today was our busiest day packed with fun. We drove from Oia to Fira,
hopped on cable car to the harbor where we loaded onto a boat:
We hiked to the top of Nea Kameni Volcanic Island. The view was ah-mazing!!!
Too tired to walk up the caldera, we rode donkeys ...
... never have I ever seen my mom laugh so hard. The donkeys literally RAN up the hillside!!!
We ended the day visiting the Archelogical Museum of Thira and shopping in Fira.
What a day!?! This was one of the best days because we saw it alllll. Xoxo-BLC

PS: I see why Santorini is rumored to be Atlantis. The island is stunning and the myth that is could be just makes the island that much more magical!!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did riding a donkey from our boat up to the top in Santorini. I was the first one to get on a donkey in our group, and I turned around to watch my husband, assuming the little man would lead the donkeys up the hill once we all were in our saddles. Next the thing I know my donkey had TAKEN off up the hill! I about fell off while trying to tell the man my donkey was leaving without him. Obviously those donkeys could walk that path blindfolded they've done it so many times! Glad you're having such a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that dress lilly? I seriously die for your style. Everything is so classic!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark