12.16.2012

J-O-Y

The third Sunday in Advent is JOY. My middle name was Joy until I married and I've always thought it made me a littler peppier just because. The advent candle is PINK for joy ... I knew I always loooved pink. I looked up joy and the dictionary said: "the emotion evoked by well-being, success or good fortune ... a state of happiness or bliss." Such a word and definition seems amiss this week. With the needless tragedy in Newtown. With friends loosing loved ones. A certain sadness as we miss those already departed during the holidays. Where is joy in any of that? Yet, maybe this is the perfect week to be reminded of joy. After such grief, loss, and sadness, we hope for a season of joy again. That season will be sweeter and rosier after such depths. This is my prayer for Sandy Hook's community, those who have lost, and the saddened: Nehemiah 8:10b:  "The joy of the Lord will make you strong." May you know Him and a season of joy again!!! Xoxo-BLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Mark