2.22.2012

Ash Hump Day

Happy Ash Wednesday to you and yours!!! Ash Wednesday kicks off Lent, a time a prayer and reflection, that leads us to Easter. What a great time of year that is!!! This year, instead of giving up something, I want to take on something. I am going to pray more. I am going to pray for our world, our country, those suffering, our leaders, my family, my friends, marriages, friendships, and YOU, just to name a few. I want to increase my prayer life and give more of my time, thoughts, and energy to the Lord. Are you praying or reflecting or giving up or taking on something in particular??? Big blessings to you through Lent!!! Xoxo-BLC

PS: If you have something you would like me to pray for during this Lent season, please email me at thecompanyshekeeps@gmail.com!!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you actually explained the meaning of Lent. I feel like it's taken on a completely different meaning now and people just do it for fun. I think it's important for people to remember why it is in place in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning to work on long-lasting resentments that have toxified my heart - I hope by the time Lent is over I have finally learned to Let Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea of adding something meaningful in your life during Lent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather than emailing you, I have an aunt that is struggling with colon cancer..she just had surgery Thursday and has a long road to recovery. If you could keep her in your prayers that would be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always try to add something meaningful to my life during lent as well! The Ash Wednesday service was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please pray for my son. He is dealing with a broken engagement due to poor choices he has made. He is finally in counseling and on medication. There is so much stress in our home and it is taking a toll on us all emotionally and physically.

    I enjoy your blog and we live in southern Virginia so I am southern through and through!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark