5.09.2014

Cone of Shame

If you had told me one year ago that Stewart and I would NOT go on our walk every evening, I would NOT have believed you. It's our daily tradition. We both look forward to it sooo much.  But on nights when I work late, Squeak needs a bath, and someones got to cook dinner ... walks just don't happen. And that's ok. Every other night our special walks happen.
Unfortunately we over did it one weekend (above) and walked part of Stew's pawpads off his tootsies. I learned my lesson not to make up for lost walks during the week. It was terrifying because we didn't identify the real problem for hours and I was convinced he was dying of cancer. Our sweet vet called in pain meds (one the weekend!) and that knocked off some of it. We went to visit the vet first thing Monday morning, and she said he was going to be a-ok.
After about three or four days, he was back to the same old shenanigans. For all those times that Stewart gets rowdy, teetees when guests arrive, wakes us up just because, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so thankful for a healthy and VERY happy dog!!! Xoxo-BLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Mark