5.25.2012

California Dreaming

Remember this going away party? Well the only way to fight the blues of friends that move away: visit them!!! We hopped on an earrrrrly flight, landed well rested in San Francisco, picked up everyone, and drove straight to wine country. First stop: Napa Valley.
I've been to California countless times, but never ever northward of Los Angeles.
Oh-my-goodness is this place so gorgeous and it's still very laid back.
We headed straight to Pina, a vineyard recommended by friends who just visited Napa.
 The wine at Pina was delishhh. Next, we headed to Frog's Leap which ended up being my all-time favorite winery. How precious is the kitty cat warming by the fire!?
Frog's Leap had a great, relaxed open porch and a welcoming atmosphere.The grounds there looked divine, but the torrential downpour prevented a full tour. We stayed inside with the french doors open to the porch.
 Once the rain broke, we made our last stop in Napa at Cosentino. Most wineries close around 4pm and this one stayed up later which fit our schedule best. The first picture was taken in their barrel room. Never have I ever seen such BIG barrels.
 
Everyone we talked to told us we must eat at Mustards. And they couldn't be more spot on. It was worth all the hype and then some. I might even dare to say its the best meal I've ever had.
Just look at that lemon meringue pie!!! I don't even like lemon meringue and it was gooood.

We had a fun-filled, packed first day and we couldn't be more thrilled. Good company, good wine, good food, good times ... what more could a girl ask for!?! Xoxo-BLC

PS: Eight years ago today Ale and I started dating. I am so thrilled to be his other half and I love him to the moon and back. Cheers!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you all went to French Laundry since you were there! Cannot wait to hear more about your trip.

    PS that kitty is TOO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to move into the frogs leap house. its so amazing! also mustards is totally worth the hype. i dream of my pork chop all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark