6.04.2013

Fully Booked

I use to read ALL the time. They say law school graduates never read the same because all that reading burns you out. I am determined to prove that wrong. I read the most right when I finished college. I lived alone in a carriage house without cable or computer. I worked as a paralegal by day and at Lilly in the evenings/weekends. I checked out all my books from the same library my mom use to stroll me to as a toddler. Currently, I've tried to shift from watching less TV (now that Gossip Girl is dead ... what is TV!?!) to reading more and here is the result:
My closest friends started a Bible Study (best idea ever) and we read "The Gospel of Ruth" by Carolyn Curtis James. I reallllly enjoyed it and will never ever look at the book of Ruth the same. I highly recommend you dive in. I devoured the most recent Sophie Kinsella book "Wedding Night." She is my favorite author and of course I loved it ... but my favorite is still a toss up between Twenties Girl and the Shopaholics. 
 On my first OB visit, my doctor handed me a preggers book that could make an insomnia sleep (even though I still have plans to read it). I opted for Rosie Pope's "Mommy IQ" book instead and it was verrrry informative. I read it entirely on our ski trip opting for the Kindle version to keep our news mum. While at the beach, my bestie Effie recommended Melanie Shankle's "Sparkly Green Earrings." I am half way through and have laughed, cried, and thoroughly enjoyed. If you are preggo, these two are must-reads in my book.
 Next up: "The Power of the Praying Wife" by Stormy Omartian (because I need to pray for my sweet husband more) and Jen Hatmaker's "An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" (do I even need to say why ...).  I am hoping to read more serious books while still slipping in my is-this-for-teenagers/this-is-funny-and-dumb/hi-Nicholas-Sparks-I-missed-you. Dish: what are your favorite books!?! Must reads? New reads?!! After I posted Heaven Is Here, you all made quite a few good suggestions in comments/emails/tweets that were much appreciated. Xoxo-BLC

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know Sophie Kinsella had a new one out! I need to get my hands on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Rules of Civility by Amor Towles and I think you would love it. I also loved The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I enjoyed Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (but it is pretty dark and maybe not the best thing to read while you are pregnant).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sparkly Green Earrings is quite a fab read, right?! I finished it while we were in Europe and Ian knew when I was done with it because I had such teary eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read Jen Hatmaker's "An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess". I loved it, but you have to be in the mood for it. It took me a while for sure, even though it is tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your little secret! I think you have found a very entertaining list of books to read. Thank you for giving us some wonderful suggestions.

    Please visit My Webblog: Online Doctorate Psychology

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark