4.17.2013

When Life Hands You Lemons ...

In a recent issue of Town & Country magazine, there was a sweet article by Mary McCartney. She shared many things, especially a lot of memories with her mom, and one of them: Linda's lemon drizzle cake. I love to bake and knew I had to try this recipe. I am not the biggest lemon fan, but I haven't met a cake I didn't like so I gave it a whirl. It is mmm mmm delicious. It's very refreshing for springtime and just the perfect balance of lemon with cake. I didn't feel well at all during my first trimester and I learned verrrry quickly that carbs were best suited on the tummy until the afternoon. As such, my regular go-tos were shooed out and I have gotten tired of muffins, bagels, cereal, and the like. I'm creeping up on my third trimester and you couldn't pay me to dare anything but carbs for breakie. Only my grandmother would approve of this, but I think this lemon drizzle cake is perrrfect for breakfast. Next time, I will add blueberries: surely that will make it a tad more healthy and breakfast appropriate, right!?!? I highly recommend you give this recipe a try too!!! Xoxo-BLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Mark