11.22.2010

Come Bearing Gifts

My childhood best friend and her sweet husband came over for our first holiday dinner party tonight. Gracious as always, she came with a beautiful bouquet of Fall flowers in hand. We are thoroughly enjoying the sight and smell of that bunch! Her gift made me think: it is a gift to give the right gift. Hostess gifts are unexpected, yet immensely appreciated. As we all gear up for holiday soirees, I thought I would share my favorite hostess gifts to give: (1) fun cocktail napkins and a cutsy corkscrew; (2) a nice bottle of wine in a decorative bag that compliments dinner or dessert; (3) a decorative match box and accompanying candle; (4) ornaments tailored to the hostess passion are sure to please; (5) reusable market bags filled with fresh herbs from your garden; or, (6) as my BFF did, flowers are always a perfect fit!!! Remember to know your hostess well (ex: if they do not partake in adult beverages, do not bring vino). Do you have fantastic hostess gift to share? Cheers to giving the right hostess gift!!! Xoxo-BLC

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes if I want to bring wine as a hostess gift, but want to add a little something extra, I'll wrap the wine bottle in a fun kitchen towel and tie it with ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark